Through local employment and training, community events, and donations to local schools, sports clubs and charities, the Boyds Bay Group has established a solid base of community values. The Board and Management are unconditionally respectful of the natural environment whilst enhancing the environment of the wider community.
As our work takes us to far off places, we endeavour to employ as many local people as possible. Our ventures to Fiji involved the employment of some 30 local landscapers, who were provided with complete training, many of whom are still employed in maintenance on the island. The Cardwell Foreshore Development project saw in excess of a dozen local landscape labourers hired over the duration, improving their long-term job prospects given the training they have received and the skills they have acquired.
As the Boyds Bay Group moves forward we will continue to support local economies by hiring local staff.
Other beneficiaries of the Boyds Bay Group in 2012-2013 include:-
- Raffles Assisted Aged Care
- Banora Point High School
- Bilambil Public School
- Scisco Career Pathways
- Club Banora Garden Club
- Lions Club of Coolangatta & Tweed Heads
- Men of League Foundation
- Tweed Valley Early Childhood Intervention Service
- Tweed Heads Junior Rugby League Club
- Currumbin Valley Community Carnival
- Tweed Heads South Primary School
- Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School
- Northern Rivers Community for Young People
- Cardwell State School